February 1st, 2017 • Posted by Debbie Casey • Permalink
Super Bowl LI is just a few days away, and Chef Patrick wants to share his favorite, homemade chili recipe that will be a guarantee hit at your party!
Don't worry--this entire recipe is Gluten-Free!
Let us know how your chili turns out this Sunday.
Chef Patrick's Spicy Beef Chili
2 tablespoons Cumin
½ lb Applewood Bacon
3 lbs Beef Chuck, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 large white onions, chopped
1 tablespoon ground chipotle
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic ½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt 6 garlic cloves chopped
2 cups Beef broth (store bought is ok)
1 cup water
28 oz pureed tomatoes
2 dried ancho chiles (stemmed and seeded)
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 bag Fritos
1. Toasted cumin seeds in a sauté pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Using a small pan crush cumin seed coarsely. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside. Add beef to bacon fat, cook over medium-high heat, brown beef on all sides (might have to be done in batches).
3. Remove beef from pan, set next to bacon
4. Add onions sauté in dipping for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Add all the spices, garlic, cumin seeds to the onions. Cook for 2-4 minutes
6. Add beef, bacon, beef broth, water, tomato, beans and torn ancho chiles
7. Cook for 2 to 2 ½ hours. Simmer until beef is tender, add more water if needed
8. Check seasoning (mainly salt and chiles)
9. Garnish with scallions, sour cream, cheddar cheese, fritos
Leave a comment